Friday, March 28, 2014

Be the change you want to see

How do you see the world? I see it as a place where there is a big gap between the rich and the poor. I see it as a place where peace doesn't exist; there is a lot of violence. I see it as a place where discrimination happens and ignorance occurs. It is a sad place to be in. I also see it as a place where people are helping other people despite the different classes. There are people who care. I see it as a place where people come together to promote peace and justice. There are people who are just. I see it as a place where people accepts one another despite their identities. There are people who understands. It is a great place to be in. How do you want to see the world? I want to see people coming together to create a community where segregation doesn't occur, where there is a welcoming environment, where there are no violence, where anyone could be who they want to be without barriers tying them back, where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive, where education is an option, where everyone has a roof over their head, food to eat, and clothes to wear without being discriminated. I want to see unity, respect, understanding, peace, and love. What can you do in order to see the world you'd like to see? Understand and accept who you are and what you want to do. Be the leader you want to see and promote other leaders. Don't give up hope in yourself or in humanity. Be the change you want to see in the world and set examples. -Sandy Lo

No comments:

Post a Comment