Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It's only Tuesday?!

Wow. What. A. Day.

Even though I woke up at about 5:30 this morning it feels like I've been awake for a week.

Slept on the ground again last night as part of the Challenge. Actually though I got a pretty good nights rest. I was dreading nighttime all day yesterday because I kept hearing rumors of falling snow and that we'd be waking up to a foot on the ground. We were lucky - it only started snowing at about 830 the next morning as we were concluding our Challenge. I still need some more time to personally reflect on the experience as a whole and hopefully I'll be able to fully understand what happened and be able to share it with all of you, but for now I only have one thing that needs to be said.

Even though the 12 of us had the privilege of concluding our 'Challenge' today, we can't forget the hundreds of thousands of genuine human beings in the country who can not. You know something is wrong with your country when the rich and powerful walk right past people that are experiencing homelessness like they're invisible.

That's all from me - I'll let the other people tell you all about the rest of the week whoops I mean day...

- Gordy

No comments:

Post a Comment